A long time ago (2010), in what seems like another life, I did a little packing post for when I went to Prague, it was pretty fun to put together, if not a little rough around the edges (cringe face), so thought I’d do another for Amsterdam! It’s basically one massive “what’s in my bag” I guess…the interesting stuff anyway. I’m not showing you my pants. I also need some luggage of my own, I’ve borrowed Harry’s mums gold suitcase for this. It’s gold though, so I’m not complaining. I’d love something similar to the Starlet range from Steamline Luggage, but a bit more realistic budget-wise. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know!
Zissou just breaks my lil heart
- Camera- My baby Olive – Olympus OM-D E-M10 with 25mm f1.8 lens. (Not pictured, as I took the these photos with it!)
- My new Fjallraven Kanken mini as a camera/everyday bag. I know these are a bit cliche and boring, but it’s hard to get a backpack that is small and doesn’t make you look about 10 for 5″2 little me. It’s also eco friendly and cruelty free, which is a big thing for me. When I started looking in to ethically made summer weight backpacks, the prices seemed to soar and they weren’t really my style. I’m not sure this is my “usual” style either to be honest, but it’s pretty cute! And the first sentence of their code of conduct is perfect: “The suffering of animals so that people can satisfy their needs is unacceptable” 5 stars!💫
- Paul & Joe cosmetic bag packed with my current makeup favourites. This little guy is great because it has lots of pockets and a zip pocket in the lid which I’m using for jewellery. Aaaand it’s cat print…can’t resist.
- One of my extremely recent favourite cosmetics that’s coming with me is the Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette. I only got this a couple days ago after finding it through trying to find something similar to ABH Modern Renaissance pallet, but without the crazy price tag, and soooo many people recommended it. I thought it over for a couple days but ultimately caved and bought it. I’m so lucky it arrived before we left! Of course, they are cruelty free, and also strive to help women in need. You can read more about this Here. I love finding and supporting brands that are passionate about doing good things like this, I will definitely be buying from them again.
- And finally, clothes! But not too many. I want to pack light for this trip because I hear Amsterdam has a lot to give in terms of shopping 💸. I’m actually having a lot of trouble finding clothes that I like at the moment. I guess im not in love with what’s in fashion and vintage is hard for me to get hold of right now. My wardrobe is the tiniest it has been in years because of it, it’s like an accidental capsule wardrobe. I have to say, it’s not fun! Hoping to possibly remedy this while I’m away.
Tot ziens, See you later!